Due to the PPI deadline of 29 August 2019 we are no longer taking on any new PPI Clients. We will continue to carry out work for the clients that we are already working on behalf of so that we can provide the best service possible to them.
Which PPI Claims Management Company Is The Best For You?
People who believe they may have been mis-sold Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) may be in search of an effective Claims Management Company (CMC) to handle their case against the lender, finance provider, or broker who they believe is responsible for the sale of their PPI.
In fact many people with PPI may be wondering whether it is worth using a CMC to claim for mis-sold PPI or to claim for mis-sold PPI themselves.
With there being so much coverage in the media about PPI by the newspapers, the banks, the UK financial regulators such as the FCA and the FOS, and all of the advertisements from the CMC’s in the media and on the internet, claiming back mis-sold PPI or choosing a claims management copy to help you claim back PPI can be a very confusing and daunting experience.
What Are Claims Management Companies?
Claims management companies, often referred to as CMCs, act as an intermediary between claimants and companies and they exist to help customers make financial claims of various kinds.
The types of complaints that CMC’s can assist with ranges from mis-sold PPI, mis-sold packaged bank accounts (known as PBA’s), and many other types of complaints about financial mis-selling such as mis-soldpensions and flight delay compensation, to personal injury claims.
Claims management companies offer their services in return for a fee if the claim/s that they proceed with on behalf of a customer are upheld. Up until recently claims management companies fees ranged between 10% and up to as high as 49% of the compensation and refund awarded to a customer as a result of a successful complaint the CMC had processed on the customers behalf.
Since July 2018 all PPI claims companies have been subject to a fee cap when processing PPI complaints and cannot charge more than 20%+VAT (24% total) on successful PPI claims. However the PPI fee cap does not affect any other financial or personal injury claims that the CMC may take on and proceed with on behalf of their customers.
Claims Management Companies– Are They Worth It?
You can claim back PPI yourself so there is not always the need to use a claims management company to claim back mis-sold PPI. If you have the time and willpower to see a PPI claim through you can take care of the entire PPI claim process yourself.
Your lender, finance provider, or broker should not treat you any differently should you choose to claim back mis-sold PPI yourself. In fact a PPI complaint should be treated fairly no matter who the complaint comes from be it from you or from a claims management company.
A claims management company can be useful If you are not confident of making a PPI claim by yourself or if you don’t have the time to do so. Any good claims management company will take care of the entire process for you from checking all of your accounts for any PPI to claiming back PPI on any of your accounts that are found to have had PPI on them that you feel we’re mis-sold.
In addition to this if you have an older case of PPI mis-selling that isn’t directly from the bank it can be worth using a claims management company. An example of this would be a car finance deal that was was arranged by a broker before 2005, as the Financial Ombudsman (FOS) cannot normally deal with broker sold PPI that was sold before 2005. This is because most of the brokers were unregulated before 2005 and the FOS has no jurisdiction over them.
What To Look Out For In A PPI Claims Company
A good claims management company should deal with your claim quickly, efficiently, and in a stress-free manner. The best PPI companies will have a transparent fee structure and they will not charge you any upfront fees when carrying out a PPI Check or a PPI Claim on your behalf.
In addition to being transparent and not charging any upfront fees a good claims management company should be happy to offer PPI claims advice for free without any pressure to take things further.
The claims management company that you use should be knowledgeable and reputable. All reputable claims management companies will be Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and they will be issued with an authorisation number. This authorisation number should be listed on their website along with their company registration number.
If you are cold called from a claims management company it may be the case that they are contacting you illegally. This is because claims management company’s should only contact people about PPI or any other services that they are offering if they have that persons consent to contact them. So please be mindful if you do receive any cold calls or random text messages prompting you to claim for mid-sold PPI, as whoever is contacting you could be doing so illegally.
To report any concerns that you may have about a claims management company you can report them to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
To make a complaint that you may have about a claims management company you can report them to the Financial Ombudsman Service. The full Financial Ombudsman Service contact details and further information is available on their website at:
To make a complaint that you may have about a claims management company in relation to data protection, receiving cold calls, and unauthorised text messages you can report them to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO). The full ICO contact details and further information is available on their website at: https://ico.org.uk. .
We recommend that you you should always try to contact the business who you are not happy with first to try and give them the chance to rectify the situation before you try to take the complaint to one of the above official schemes. This is because you may be referred back to complain to the business that you are not happy with and trying to complain about by an official scheme, as you are expected to have tried to resolve the matter yourself directly with the business you are not happy with before escalating your complaint to any of the official schemes.
Why Choose DN Manley
We Specialise In All Areas of The UK
DN Manley specialise in claiming back PPI and many other types of financial mis-selling for people living all over the UK including England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. We also cover every county in the UK along with every major city, town and area that is covered by the UK.
Established Since 2009
As a company DN Manley has been established and regulated in respect of claims management activities since 2009. We have been assisting the people of the UK to reclaim back PPI and assisting them with many other types of financial mis-selling for many years now, and we are proud of what we do.
DN Manley Ltd is Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 837425). Its registration is recorded on the website and you can check this on the FCA’s website: www.fca.org.uk/register
No Upfront Fees or Charges
We do not charge any upfront charges or fees for our services and we have never done so. In the event that any claim is unsuccessful you will not be expected to pay us a penny. You will only need to pay us a fee if you have a successful claim. Our fee on successful PPI claims is only 20% + VAT (total 24%) and this fee is only charged on any money that you actually receive.
We Do Not Cold Call
We do not use a call centre to cold call people. We operate mainly by people finding us in internet search results such as on the Google search engine, word of mouth, and recommendations. We aim to deliver a personal service and we are dedicated to claiming back the money that you are owed.
We Are Responsible With Your Data
You can feel secure that your data will only be used by us for the purpose of assisting you and processing your enquiry or claim. We do not share your information or sell it to any other companies. The only other companies and organisations that may need to receive your data will be companies such as the lenders, brokers, other financial providers that we are either complaining to or making enquiries with on your behalf, or a service that has been set up or endorsed by the government such as the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) or the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS).
DN Manley is registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) in relation to the processing of data. We have been registered with the ICO since 2009 and our ICO Registration Number is: Z1994310.
Our ICO registration can be checked on the ICO Data Protection Register on their official website at:
We Add Value
We will handle the whole claiming process for you, even when you do not have any documents or you only have very little information available to provide us with. Many of the claims that we deal with you could actually handle yourself. However If you just do not have the time or desire to check or claim for products such as mis-sold PPI on your own then it is entirely acceptable for you to instruct a claims management company such as DN Manley to carry out the process on your behalf.
We are happy to offer advice and information free of charge where it is needed and we have nearly a decade’s worth of experience in checking for and claiming back PPI for our happy customers.
Top 5 Tips When Looking For A Claims Management Company
- Ensure That The Claims Management Company Is Authorised: All authorised claims management companies (CMC’s) have a Claims Management Regulation Number issued to them by the Claims Management Regulator. Please check the (CMC’s) paperwork or website for their authorisation number. If you cannot find their authorisation number on their paperwork or their website do not be afraid to ask them for it as they have a legal obligation to provide you with their authorisation number. Avoid any company that will not provide you with their authorisation number.
- Be Careful of Cold Calling: Do not accept any cold calls or reply to any text messages from companies that may contact you offering their services and advising you that you are owed random amounts of money such as thousands of pounds for mis-sold PPI and other products. There is no legal way that these companies should have or could have access to your personal financial information unless you have previously authorised it. So please be careful who you do speak with and pass your information to over the telephone, by text message, or even by email.
- Do Not Pay Any Upfront Fees For Claims Management Services: Watch out for companies trying to charge you any upfront charges or fees when claiming for mis-sold PPI or any other mis-sold product. Most CMC’s nowadays offer their services on a no-win no-fee basis and you should not be expected or required to pay any upfront fees. Any CMC that is trying to charge you an upfront fee should be avoided and you should seek the services of an alternative CMC.
- Excessive Fees Charged By Claims Management Companies: Avoid any claims management company whose fees seem excessive. An example of excessive claims management fees is being charged anything from 30% up to 49% before VAT for any successful PPI or other financial claims. Most claims management companies charge in the region of between 15% and 25% before VAT for their services, so there is no need for you to pay anything more than around 25% before VAT for a successful claim. Since the 10 July 2018 all PPI claims have been subject to a fee cap of 20% before VAT. It is important to be aware that the fee cap is only applicable to PPI claims and you may still be charged more than 20% before VAT for any other type of successful financial complaints such as mis-sold packaged bank accounts (PBA’s), mis-sold payday loans, and flight delay claims etc.
- You Can Complain Without Using A CMC: Although the amount of people who have used a claims management company to successfully claim back PPI or other similar financial products has been on the increase in the past few years, it is possible and quite straightforward to claim yourself from the lender or finance provider who you think is responsible for the mis-sold PPI or financial product.
The most common reasons for people using a claims management company to claim for mis-sold PPI or other mis-sold financial product are the confusion around the whole process and actually getting around to complaining, or finding the time to actually complain or make enquiries.
If you do require any help with claiming for mis-sold PPI or any other financial product that you feel may have been mis-sold or that you are unsure if it was mis-sold please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to receive your enquiry and assist you.